narrative – photography: Antonia Kati – journalist, food photographer & food stylist
Ingredients (4-5 people)
- 6-7 medium potatoes
- 1-2 small jars of tuna fillets, preferably from Alonissos
- 2 hardboiled eggs (in slices or cut lengthwise)
- 1 cucumber
- ½ bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- a few red, yellow, and black cherry tomatoes
- a few capers
- a few black olives
For the vinaigrette
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp mild or spicy prepared mustard
Wash and scrub potatoes thoroughly. Boil in plenty of water. Remove from water and allow to stand for about 10 min. Remove potato skins when potatoes are still warm to the touch. Dice or cut in uneven pieces. Place in a large bowl or salad bowl.
Rinse the cucumber. Cut in medium-size cubes, skin included. Place on top of the boiled potato pieces. Rinse cherry tomatoes thoroughly and halve or quarter depending on your preference. Add to the potatoes and cucumber, along with the green onions, olives, capers, and parsley. Lightly season with salt and pepper and toss. Add the egg slices and the tuna fillets.
Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together. Drizzle over the entire surface of the salad. Serve.